3354 Springhill Road, Lafayette
Main House: 4 Bedroom | 3 Bath | 2669± Sq. Ft. | 1.13± Acres
Guest House: 1 Living Space | Kitchen | 2 Bedrooms | 2 Bath | 1252± Sq. Ft.
Storied Reliez Valley Charmer with Guest House
Published in Better Homes and Gardens in 1946, and admired by many from the street, this updated Cape Code has a story to tell. Lovingly known as “The House that Jack Built”, this sweet residence is bursting with character and quintessential charm throughout with wide-plank hardwoods, French doors and windows, planked ceilings, built-ins, and farmhouse embellishments. The spacious guest house is complete with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, and living area (this is a flexible space for an au pair, in-law unit, teen hangout, office, and/or gym use – you decide!).
This pancake-flat, over one-acre property was originally owned by the founders of Lafayette’s famed Orchard Nursery and the homeowners continue the traditions of growing pumpkins in the fall and harvesting 30 +/- holly trees in the winter (to sell at Orchard Nursery and Diablo Foods every year). Flourished gardens offer changing colors for year-round delight while daily play and entertaining ease is provided through many outdoor venues, level lawns, brick patios, and covered porches.
This home is located in a coveted, close-in pocket of the Reliez Valley with a nearby path to Springhill Elementary, Acalanes High School and the Stanley Middle School bus stop. Other nearby amenities include Valley Pool (next door), local commute routes (Hwy. 24/680 and BART), and Briones Regional Park trails.
- Loved and timeless floorplan, copied by many
- Welcoming living room with wood-burning fireplace, built-ins and French doors to the backyard
- Family room with stone fireplace, French doors to the backyard and restored wood beams (from an old chicken farm in Petaluma)
- Spacious formal dining room with bay window and perfectly placed built-in storage
- Updated eat-in kitchen with marble counters, white subway backsplash, stainless appliances (Bosch dishwasher, Wolf 6-burner gas range), classic black and white checkered floor, and built-in breakfast nook
- Private master retreat with brick, wood-burning fireplace, built-in desk and storage, French doors to the balcony, and en suite full bath with dual dressing areas, stall shower and tub
- Two secondary bedrooms share the hall bath
- A bedroom (with fireplace and exterior door) and adjacent full bathroom is located on the main floor
- Spacious guest house with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, and living area (this is a flexible space for an au pair, in-law unit, teen hangout, office, and/or gym use – you decide!)
- Rare level lot with magical curb appeal, flourishing gardens (stunning daffodils, roses and more) and trees (dogwood, apple, pear, tulip, maples), level lawn, charming brick patios and porches, raised beds, green house, potting shed, chicken coop, garden storage, and open land
No Open Houses and No Broker Tours. According to CCAR guidelines, residential viewings may only occur virtually, or, if virtual viewing is not feasible and the residence is unoccupied, by appointment only with no more than two visitors from the same household and one person showing the unit. All parties to sign Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration prior to any showing and all parties to follow suggested sanitation guidelines. Please contact Listings@DanaGreenTeam.com for additional virtual marketing and any other questions.
Compass is a real estate broker licensed by the State of California and abides by Equal Housing Opportunity laws. License Number 01991628. All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only and is compiled from sources deemed reliable but has not been verified. Changes in price, condition, sale or withdrawal may be made without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any description. All measurements and square footage are approximate.